If you are not already familiar with the USANA brand and its vitamins, which have been around for quite some time now, I’d recommend you give them a try. You can learn more about them from their official website www.usana.com
USANA is a company dedicated to create products intended to “feed the cells of your body”. They have a big catalogue of products, from vitamin pills, to bars, shakes, skin products, etc.
On this review I’ll focus on the “CellSentials” product, formerly known as “USANA Essentials”.
Usana Essentials Multivitamin (CellSentials) is a dietary supplement containing minerals, inositol, choline bitartrate, n-acetyl l-cysteine, alpha lipoic acid, coenzyme Q10, turmeric extract, lutein, lycopene, chromium and B-vitamins, among others. The company recommends you take six capsules per day to boost your overall health and wellness. All its ingredients come from natural sources, nothing synthetic.
You can purchase the product on the official website or shop through outside retailers.
9 out of 10
$53.00 – $61.00 depending on how you get them.
- The company has been around for about 20 years, which gives it credibility.
- You experience an increase of your overall energy and endurance.
- Great for athletes.
- As your energy increases, your emotional state gets balanced.
- Your health will see a mayor improvement, speciallly if you tend to get colds often.
- The rest of the benefits I’ve seen depend on each indivuals health, which will be anecdotal in nature.
- At first you may feel certain “side effects” which are usually linked to a detox reaction of your body. Usually these side effects go down as you keep taking them. Sometimes decreasing the intake to just one pill of each a day may be enough to diminish adverse symptoms.
- My experience has shown me that people with kidney problems may see adverse results to these vitamins. If you have these kind of problems, like kidney stones and such, consult with your doctor before taking them.
- Although USANA claims to be backed by science, research and development (and I do believe they are), they have not published any of their work to scientific publications, which make their claims a little shady.
- Very expensive compared to similar products, although in my experience no other product gives you the results you get with USANA.
Product specification according to the USANA website:
- Supplies carefully balanced levels of high-quality vitamins and antioxidants and a balanced range of highly absorbable essential minerals and trace minerals
- Designed to provide an essential foundation of optimal nourishment plus powerful antioxidant protection and mitochondrial renewal support for the health and longevity of your cells*
- Formulated with patent-pending USANA InCelligence Technology™ to unlock cell-communication codes with proprietary nutrient blends that activate your cells’ natural ability to protect and renew themselves*
The USANA Difference
USANA CellSentials™ Pack contains a 28-day supply of both Core Minerals and Vita-Antioxidant supplements. This pack is more than just a multivitamin. It is a triple-action cellular nutritional system formulated to nourish, protect, and renew optimal cellular health. A must-have for your nutrition foundation, the CellSentials provides a broad range of essential vitamins, minerals, and dietary antioxidants. Plus the unique InCelligence Complex in Vita-Antioxidant also supports the production of your cells’ innately powerful endogenous antioxidants and the activation of mitophagy, your body’s natural process for removing and recycling damaged mitochondria from the cell to help renew efficient cellular energy production.*
When they first got into Mexico about 12 years ago, I was one of the first “adopters” so to speak. Back then I wasn’t aware of having gluten sensitivity, (not yet celiac disease), and I loved playing sports.
I used to play basket ball a lot, and then I was introduced to the game called Ultimate Frisbee, which once I tried I just fell inlove with it. It is a great and fun game, however it requires way more energy than basketball does, because you run up and down the court just as you do in basketball, however the field you play on is the size of a soccer field.
I remember when I trained and played the game how I usually ended up really tired and exhausted, and then I got introduced to the USANA brand and its vitamins, and I chose to give them a try. I didn’t give them too much importance, and just took them with my breakfast, just as I used to have my protein shakes for muscle growth at the gym.
I remember on the first week of consuming them I was already having a way better performance than I used to, but at that moment I never thought it was because of the vitamins I was talking, I just thought it was because of my diet plan. Then came the first state tournament. On that tournament we would play 4 games per day. According to Ultimate Frisbees rules, you win a game by two means:
- The one who scores a certain amount of goals first wins (most of the times is 10)
- The one with the highest score by the time the clock runs out wins (usually an hour of game)
This tournament would last for two days, giving you an opportunity to play 8 games in two days.
Me and my team were rookies but we played quite well, and always gave our best. I remember that after the second game all my teammates were extremely exhausted, and although I felt tired from the game, after resting for about 20 minutes, I felt ready to play again while they couldn’t even get up. I remember they were asking me if I was on some type of drugs. I told them that ofcourse I wasn’t but that I was taking some vitamins, and thats when it hit me. I realized that the huge boost in my performance was because of the incredible effect those vitamins were having on me.
I remember back then the TV series “Smallville” was just starting to air and my teammates were telling me that I appeared to be “Clark Kent” because I never got tired.
We lost the tournament, however the experience was amazing. After that tournament my teammates seeing how I out performed all of them, several of them started taking the same vitamins and saw their performance and specially their endurance boost amazingly. I even became an USANA seller and was one for about a year. I stopped being a seller for other reasons not realated to the products quality, but for personal circumstances.
Years passed, I found out I’m a Celiac, and for some reason that I don’t remember I stopped taking them. Then I got introduced into an other company that sold a different type of nutritional product, and although it was good, its benefits never came close to those USANA gave me.
Then I started taking the USANA vitamins again, and again I saw an increase on my overall performance. I saw the company logo had changed and it now has way more products than it used to. However I just stick with what back then was called “Usana Essentials”, now called “CellSentials”.
Do I recommend them?
Ofcourse I do. I can tell you that I do find these products extremely useful, specially if you are having avitaminosis. If you take what is recommended by the brand or less, you shouldn’t see any negative effects. However if you are having this kind of illment (low vitamins in your blood) I’d first recommend that you talk to your doctor. An excesive intake of vitaminss in the body can also cause disease.
Here is a link to where you may find them.
Now, USANA vitamins are not cheap, however the boost in your performance and overall health is extremely worth it, specially if you have health issues.
I have only met two people that have told me that they did not see any benefits, however one of them only took them for about three days, which is abviously not enough if you are just getting started, and the other one was a seller for an other MLM company, so he could be totally biased and probably never even bothered to actually take them.
If you can afford buying these vitamins, I strongly recommend that you do, you will see great results from the first week of taking them. Although they’ll make you pee extremely yellow at first, after a few weeks of taking them, that will pass, but the results you’ll see are amazing. And since you’ll have way more energy than usual, even your emotions will be more balanced.
If you find this information useful or if you have any questions, don’t hasitate to leave me a comment. I’d love to talk to you!